Google Map Coordinates: Latitude: 34.305280 / Longitude: -110.886110
Sinkhole Camping Guide Continued
7560 feet above sea level.
Generally mid-May to the end of October. Earlier or later depending upon weather.
- 26 family camping units
- Tents, trailers and small motor homes up to 32 foot
- Tables, campfire grills
- Drinking water
- Garbage facilities
- Campground hosts
- Paved roads
- Boat Ramp located nearby at Willow Springs Lake
- Utility hookups are not available.
- Cul-de-sac design, parallel parking only
- Pets must be restrained or on a leash.
- Gas, telephones, and groceries, are available at Forest Lakes, 6 miles east.
- Nearest full service community is Payson, AZ, 31 miles west via Hwy 260.
- Family units are on a first come - first serve basis.
- Willow Springs Lake is limited to boat motors up to 8 horsepower.
Location – Directions
Black Mesa Ranger District
Apache-Sitgreaves National Forest
P.O. Box 968
Overgaard, AZ 85933
One quarter mile north of State Highway 260 towards Willow Springs Lake on Forest Road 149. Forest Road 149 is located approximately 1 mile east of the Rim Visitor Information Station or 25 miles west of Heber, Arizona.