• icon-facebook
  • icon-twitter
  • icon-linkedin
  • icon-pinterest
  • icon-instagram

Midwest

CampsitePhotos.com Forums Locations Midwest

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Randi T 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Camp Ranger
    Camper In Training

Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota and Wisconsin

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies

campoholic
    Camper In Training

A little back story about us. We usually camp at State Parks in Minnesota, and a few years ago my wife and I started rating the campsites in the campgrounds we stayed for our 36′ travel trailer to make it easier for making reservations the next time we visit. We usually camp about 10 times a summer, mostly long weekends and one week long trip. We have been approached a few times by other campers and park officials asking what we were doing, and after explaining, they all thought it was a great idea. We just walk down the road and look at the campsite from the road, we don’t go into the campsite at all, but people notice. It’s helped us greatly for the next visit. My wife discovered your website and we like it! Okay, on to the subject. Our top 10 favorite State Parks in Minnesota (in no particular order) that we’ve stayed at so far are the following….

1 Itasca
    2 Whitewater
    3 Father Hennipen
    4 Cascade River
    5 Tettegouche
    6 Bear Head Lake
    7 Blue Mounds
    8 St. Croix
    9 Nerstrand Big Woods
    10 Frontenac

MNBen
    Camper In Training

I noticed campsitephotos deso not have photos of Sibley State Park in Minnesota. What is the process of submitting photos to expand the list of campgrounds?

campoholic
    Camper In Training

I am one of the camp photographers, and Sibley State Park is on my list in August.

Camp Ranger
    Camper In Training

Thanks for the Minnesota State Park Top Ten list. Good to know!

And yes MN Ben – Campoholic will be photographing several campgrounds in and around MN over the coming months. We will post a blog to let everyone know when the photos are available on CampsitePhotos.com

Randi T
    Camper In Training

@campoholic I have visited most of the campgrounds on your top 10 list and the ones I haven’t visited yet are on my list of places to go. Frontenac State Park is a top favorite for me. I published a video on YouTube about my experience while camping there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTAjLH8xXq0 Hopefully it will help your visitors learn more about this MN State Park.

campoholic
    Camper In Training

Randi, I’m glad you enjoyed Frontenac State Park! Lots of steep trails to hike there (don’t try it on a hot muggy day). I enjoyed watching your youtube video. We visited the new Lake Vermillion State Park this summer in Soudan MN and It’s another one of our favorites. It’s new, and they are still working on the trail system, but it’s beautiful and has a lot of potential. The campground is state of the art with a strong wifi signal throughout the 3 sections of the campground. We stayed in campsite 204 and it was very secluded and peaceful. I highly recommend you adding it to your list of places to go.

I noticed in your video that you grew up in Wisconsin. Do you have any favorite WI state parks that you recommend? Thanks!

Randi T
    Camper In Training

@campoholic, The new Lake Vermillion State Park looks awesome and it has an underground mine. It’s on my list… Thanks for sharing!

I have both a MN and a WI Campground YouTube playlist with new videos added monthly. You can view them here:

Thanks for the great campground info website! It has been valuable tool for locating campgrounds.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. LoginRegister