Do You Know Where This (“Haunted”) Pit Toilet Is Located?
You could win $1,000 if you can sniff out the location of the “haunted” pit toilet featured in our YouTube video!
Read on for more information and clues . . .
While filming a short video on “what’s inside a pit toilet”, our photographer stumbled upon (not in) an actual haunted pit toilet. You can check out the amazing video on our YouTube Channel. This picture below is just to get you thinking – it is NOT the actual haunted pit toilet in the contest.
If you’re the first to identify what campground and state the pit toilet is located you’ll win $1,000. The 2nd runner up will win a Campsite Assist 20-Scan Pack ($196 value) and the 3rd runner up will win a CampsitePhotos.com t-shirt. You’ll have until the contest ends at midnight on October 31, 2021 to solve the mystery. Just think of all the Halloween candy you can buy if you win!
Submit your answer(s) by replying in the comment section of this article. You can submit as many answers (campground name and state) as you wish, but only one campground name and state per comment/reply.
Look for weekly clues posted at the end of this article. We will also post clues on our Facebook page and Twitter channel to help with your search. In the meantime, watch the video for clues to the location of the haunted pit toilet.
- You may not use mediums or psychics.
- The winner(s) will be determined by the date/time of the answer posted in the comment section of this article (below). The first person to correctly identify the campground (name) and state of where the pit toilet is located will win $1,000. The 2nd runner up will win a Campsite Assist 20-Scan Pack ($196 value) and the third runner up will win a CampsitePhotos.com t-shirt.
- Answers must be submitted in the comments section of this article AND only one answer (campground name and state) per comment/reply is allowed. Multiple campground names/states in one comment/reply will be disqualified.
- The contest will conclude at 11:59:59 PM on October 31, 2021 whether or not there is a winner.
- The answer (name of campground and state) and winners (if there are any) will be announced and posted in this article and our social media channels the week of November 1, 2021.
- No purchase is necessary to participate in this contest.
- The winning participant agrees that CampsitePhotos.com may use their name and hometown location in the winning announcement.
- There will be one prize of for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
- Only one winner per household.
- Winners must be 18 years of age or older and be a legal resident of the United States.
You can also click HERE to view the complete haunted pit toilet contest rules.
Good luck, happy Halloween, and don’t forget to close the lid!
Haunted Pit Toilet Clues (other clues will also be added each week – so check back often):
- The wind (in the video) is not blowing through leaves of giant saguaro cactus, so chances are the toilet/campground is not located at Lost Dutchman State Park in the Sonoran desert; or at Flamingo Campground in Everglades National Park for that matter.
- Figuring out what those trees are will place you in an altitude range of where the campground is located.
- The pit toilet is located somewhere in the Rocky Mountains.
- There is a picture of it on this website.
- It is in a small campground – less than 21 campsites.