• icon-facebook
  • icon-twitter
  • icon-linkedin
  • icon-pinterest
  • icon-youtube
  • icon-instagram

Yosemite National Park Reopens June 11

Yosemite National Park will reopen Thursday, June 11 with some restrictions and modifications.

  • Upper Pines and Wawona Horse Camp will be the only campgrounds to reopen initially (on June 11) due to limited staffing at the park. And yes, you will need a horse to camp at Wawona Horse Camp. Other campgrounds throughout the park may reopen if/when staffing becomes available.  Wawona family campground will not reopen until early September at the earliest due to repairs to a sewer line.

Yosemite National Park will reopen Thursday, June 11 - Upper Pines

  • All trails are open with some modifications.  All wilderness regulations and quotas are still in effect. The cables at Half Dome are open and those with a permit can hike to Half Dome. Also, Wilderness permits will not be available in the park. Normally 40% are available at the park on a first-come, first-serve basis. Instead, wilderness permits will be available online using a 2-week lottery.

Yosemite National Park will reopen Thursday, June 11 - Yosemite Falls Overlook

  • Shuttle service will not be available in Yosemite. This includes  shuttles in Yosemite Valley, Mariposa Grove and Tuolumne Meadows.
  • All major roads and gas stations will be open (except Tioga Road, which opens June 15).
  • Visitor centers, the Yosemite Museum, Happy Isles Art and Nature Center, and Yosemite Conservation heritage Center are closed.
  • Yosemite Valley Lodge, Curry Village (at 50% capacity), and the Ahwahnee will open on June 13.
  • The Village Store and Mountain Shop (Curry Village) will open and have groceries and gifts. The Ansel Adams Gallery, Wawona Store, Glaicer Point Sore and El Portal Market will also be open.
  • Food service will only be available in Yosemite Valley and Glacier Point. Locations include Yosemite Valley Lodge, Base Camp Cave, the Mountain Room Bar, Degnan’s Kitch, The Village Grill and the Meadow Grill at Curry Village. The Ahwahnee’s dining room will also be open for overnight guests.

Reservations Needed to Visit Yosemite National Park

Last, but not least you will need a reservation to enter the park. This includes a day-use reservation, campground reservation or lodging reservation. In addition, those with a wilderness permit or Half Dome permit can enter without a day-use pass. You will be issued a vehicle permit to enter the park upon showing proof of your reservation (or permit) and a matching photo ID at the entrance station.

Yosemite National Park Reopens June 11 - Half Dome

Day-Use Reservations Availability

Day-use reservations are only available via recreation.gov and the limited supply is expected to sell out quickly. On June 9th at 7am Pacific time,  80% of day-use reservations for June and July will go on sale. Then at 7am Pacific time on the first of each month, 80% of day-use reservations will be available for the following month.  The remaining 20% of day-use reservations will be available two days ahead of the day-use reservation date.

Your Comment:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields marked *